Begin the new year in style. Make a resolution to look after yourself more! Here are 10 reasons why you need include taking a massage on the list.
1. It increases flexibility. By improving daily performance, it prevents muscle injury. It’s proven to enhance your trunk flexibility and pain associated with lower back stiffness.
2. It fends off headaches. Things such as tension and stress can trigger a migraine. Stiff neck muscles restrict the flow of blood to the brain. A massage can boost circulation, alleviate pain, reduces the frequency, and decreases severity. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you didn’t have headaches this year?
3. It boosts your mood. If ordinary circumstances are making you miserable, you need a magic potion- in the form of a massage. It’ll increase the level of serotonin and dopamine, endorphins linked to happiness.
4. It reduces muscle soreness. This can be the result of injury or strain. Therapy improves blood circulation, bringing more oxygen and nutrients to the tender muscles.
5. It makes exercising easier. A massage before a workout can be equally as beneficial as one afterward. If you begin working out with stiffness, tight muscles will resist flexibility. Massage loosens muscles, improves blood flow, releases tension, and prevents strains.
6. It’ll make you sleep better. Now you won’t have to count sheep. Massages reduce blood pressure and increase drowsiness almost immediately. Research shows that foot and back massages can be used as regular treatments for insomnia. Get one every couple of days to help you relax and drift off like a baby.
7. It boosts immunity. The heart pumps blood and oxygen while sweeping away cellular waste. Swedish and deep tissue massage, with their long strokes, deep kneading, and circular movements, push blood toward the heart. This also promotes the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system, thereby getting rid of toxins and pathogens. Remain healthy throughout the year with this new regimen.
8. It reduces stress. Who doesn’t suffer from it? Massage has proven to lower cortisol levels, the stress hormone, while increasing levels of serotonin and dopamine, the feel-good endorphins. This promotes perspective and clarity. Clear your mind and relax tense muscles just before an overwhelming interview.
9. It improves your circulation and helps you relax. A massage gives your muscles a chance to relax by significantly lowering the heart rate and blood pressure. It pushes blood from your limbs towards the heart, helping it with its job. You’ll feel refreshed when it's over. A facial massage relaxes the muscles in your face. Look instantly younger with that radiant glow.
10. It helps you deal with pain. A massage can work better than pain meds, especially when your therapist knows precisely where it hurts. It affects the same part of the brain that is activated by painkillers. So head on down to the nearest spa. It’s an ideal way to get rid of the kink in your back when you’ve had a long day at the office or relieve the aches and pains from an injury or strain.